Wanted: Business Development Manager
Are you a Business Development Manager or Account Manager with an IT / technical services background? Are you ready for a move which allows you to smash it out of the park in an organisation where integrity and values matter, with a service catalogue focused on giving your customers what they need now, and equipping them for the future?
We’d like to hear from you!
We’re looking for a salesperson to take on a local government account patch, selling our consultancy and managed services into enterprise-size organisations. You don’t need to be a techie, but you do need to be able to understand and communicate our offerings, and to be willing to learn the tech concepts that underpin what we do. You’ll have buying accounts, warm accounts to revive, and regular new buying customers passed across from our customer onboarding team.
The right person is likely to have a few years in an IT solutions sales role, with a proven ability to build account relationships and manage pipeline effectively from lead to close; most importantly, though, we’re looking for attitude and drive.
Do you take on your target as a monthly/quarterly challenge, and celebrate when you hit it?
Do you want to operate as an industry expert, working with Marketing to shape the messaging for your vertical?
Would you like a straightforward commission plan with uncapped overage?
Do you want to be part of a team and organisation that operates with integrity?
We’re steered by our core values of teamwork, quality, responsibility, reward, communication and learning. You’ll be welcomed with genuine warmth, given great opportunities to learn, and be able to build long term relationships with your customers due to the quality of our execution – check out our case studies to find out more.
If this sounds like you, you’d love working for PowerON.
Want to know more?
From a salary and benefits perspective, we focus our offering on supporting everyday wellbeing and mental health, alongside a salary and commission package which rewards success. This includes basic salary in the range £40k-£50k, depending on your experience, and on-target commission of £24.5k-£40k, depending on your target. Commission is uncapped, so the sky is the limit for your earnings.
Beyond salary, we offer:
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 28 over the first 3 full years you’re with us.
- Pension scheme based on 5% employee contribution and 3% employer contribution.
- A healthcare cashplan which allows you to claim back costs of everyday healthcare such as dental, optical and alternative therapies, as well as giving you access to a private GP phoneline and a range of other benefits.
- Employee assistance programme, providing legal, financial, emotional and other advice, including up to 6 sessions of counselling if you want or need them. This is supported by our Mental Health First Aiders, regular wellbeing conversations with your line manager, and an environment where we believe looking after mental health is at least as important as your physical health.
- Twice yearly company team building days and nights out, plus Christmas party, to help you build relationships across the organisation.
- Shopping discount portal
- Life assurance / death-in-service benefit, paying 4x basic salary.
- Income Protection Insurance, providing cover in the event of long term illness which leaves you unable to work.
Our office is in Escrick, just outside York – as you might expect, we’re fully equipped to allow for remote working, and can support home-based working, a hybrid model, or a fully office-based role for those who want it. Whichever you choose, the Sales team meets face to face once a month, usually in York, for training, collaboration and planning, an important part of keeping our team relationships strong.
If this sounds like you, have a look at our website for a more detailed job description, or send your CV to email@example.com, and we’ll look forward to speaking to you.
Head of Sales
Sales and Marketing